Friday 30 August 2013

Swatch and Review - Colour Club

This week I have received some lovely polishes from a new Australian based beauty supplier, Maconii who have some great polishes in stock such as Color Club, Joss, Megan Miller and Gliter Gal, today I have 3 Color Club polishes  to show you and tomorrow I will be back with some Glitter Gal!

The first polish I have for you today is 'Wish Upon a Rock Star' and is a very festive glitter topper. The glitter is mainly small hex glitters in blue, red, green, gold and silver, and large pale pink hexes. With such a collection of contrasting colours it's a polish that's very difficult to photograph! In the pictures I am wearing one coat as a topper over Sinful Colours 'See You Soon' , and 4 coats of the glitter only on the accent nail, this first image was taken in direct sun light.


This second image was taken outdoors in the shade and in this picture you get a much better view of the different colours of the glitter.


This last image was taken indoors in artificial light.


This polish is not quite to my personal taste, I'm a bigger fan of complimentary colours than contrasting colours, but credit where credit is due this was a great polish to apply, the glitter went on smoothly and evenly with normal brush strokes, and I didn't have to fish around in the bottle to get the larger hexes or have to individually place them on the nail. It was also easy to get full coverage of the nail with only glitter as the bottle is quite densely packed.

The next polish I have was quite deceiving and I almost believed it was a dud, which was upsetting because I have been lemming after this one for a while and couldn't believe my luck when it turned up in the package! The polish is ''Untamed Luxury'' and is an emerald coloured jelly with silver glitter. I applied this polish sat in the shade of my patio at lunchtime, and when I finished I was a bit disappointed. The Jelly is pretty, but the silver glitter was a bit boring, it wasn't especially sparkly or colourful, I thought it really spolied it as the jelly colour is very nice, so I really thought it was a dud. But then I went out into the sun to take the pictures, and instead it was like ''Holy colour and sparkle Batman! There are laser beams coming out of your finger tips!''. This polish really came to life in the sun, and was mega sparkly and gorgeous with holo glitter goodness, I felt like I had nails actually covered in bright sparkling emeralds!


The first pic was taken in the sun and the second indoors in artificial light. As some of you may already know my camera doesn't like scattered holo glitter and can't quite catch the true sparkle so you are going to have to trust me on this one!


This polish was great to apply too, nice even strokes and no fishing for glitter. For a jelly polish it has quite good opacity too and here I am wearing 3 coats.

The last of the Color Clubs for today is an absolute stunner, a duochrome that goes by the name of ''Portfolio''. It's a mixture of dark purple / mauve and teal and lime green, its a hypnotic combination! Being a duochrome I had to take lots of pics to try and catch all the colour changes of course, these first pictures were taken in direct sun light.




The next 2 pics were taken in the shade where the colours have a whole new tone, much more muted and neutral, and quite undescribable!



These last 2 pics were taken indoors in artificial light which gives a dark bold tone to the colours.



This polish was a dream to apply, opaque in just 2 coat and dried very quickly. I was really mesmerised by this one, it's such a strange and wonderful combination of colours. Personally I would have called this polish ''Witch Craft'', there is something so dark, mysterious and magical about it.

Join me tomorrow when I will becontinuing my review on the polishes sent to me by Maconii, and I have swatches some of the gorgeous holo's by Aussie brand Glitter Gal!

2 comments:

  1. Hello!I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Here's my post for more info: http://www.magnifique-nails.com/2013/08/liebster-award.html Hope you decide to accept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, all of these are nice shades :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...