Sunday 11 August 2013

'Nfu - Oh' Swatch & Review Feature Week, Day 7 - Nail Art Special Part 2

Welcome to the very last day of my Nfu - Oh feature week in collaboration with CRUSH COSMETICS!

Over the last week I have swatched five different and fabulous collections of the Nfu - Oh polishes, with the week culminating in a special nail art feature with designs created exclusively with these collections. 
Today I bring you the final 2 mani's that I think are particularly nice, simple to do but very striking.

To do these designs I used polishes from the creme collection, the jelly collection, the flaky collection and the holo collection, and they show you some of the amazing things you can do just with nail polish.

For this first design I have done jelly layering with metallic images, using the Nfu - Oh jelly JS33 and the Nfu - Oh holo 66. To do this design I started with a base of 2 coats of the jelly polish, and then stamped a leaf design from plate BM01 with the holo polish, one leaf on each nail and in different positions. I then painted another layer of the jelly polish over the leaves, and once the new coat was dry I restamped the leaves in a different position on each nail. I continued this process until each nail was covered in the individually stamped leaves, and then finished with a top coat so that the leaves stamped last retained their colour without having the jelly polish over it. This technique has given a lot of depth to the design, as each leaf on one single nail has a diffferent number of layers of jelly polish over it resulting in lighter and darker tones of the leaves.
This is without a doubt my favourite thing to do with jelly polishes, and the holo polish turned out to be just perfect for stamping. Though this polish does loose it's holo effect when stamped, it still makes a great stamping polish as it is densely pigmented, very bright and metallic, and gives very clean and visible stamped patterns. You have to love a versatile polish that can give you 2 great effects in 1!


The next design is so so simple, but it shows you how you can get creative with what is essentially just a fancy top coat. For this design I used Nfu - Oh creme 517 and Nfu - Oh flaky topper 40.
Just because its only a topper, doesn't mean you should just slap a full covering coat on and be done with it! There are so many possibilities, this being one of them!


Instead of just applying your standard coat of flaky topper, I painted it on in thick curved lines through the middle of the nail and then on the tip. It was such a simple thing to do but the effect is quite dramatic. I love how the thick layer of flaky polish almost gives it a 3D effect, and how the colours in the flaky compliment the base colour so well without covering it completely.


It's so easy to get lost in all the fancy and complicated nail art technques that there are available now, so it's been really nice to just take it back to basics for a moment and remind myself how much beauty can be achieved from such simplicity! 

I would like to thank those of you who kept coming back to enjoy my Nfu - Oh feature week, and of course CRUSH COSMETICS for sending me these amazing polishes to review. I have had so much fun trying and experimenting with them, taking the pictures and creating these posts, and can't wait to bring you more wonderful products in the future!

This is the end of the Nfu-Oh feature week, and I'll be back this next weeek with my usual mish mash collection of nail designs, challenges and general nail madness! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...