Tuesday 20 August 2013

Nail Art Challenge, Inspired by an Artist - Vincent Van Gogh

So after my series of nail fails last week (a couple of which I spared you all from seeing and threw straight in the trash!) I needed to take a couple of days off to reset as continuing with disappointing mani's was just making me more and more frustrated. Couldn't take off too much time though as my mani for the Llama nail art challenge was due, and as usual I'm in right at the last minute! Fortunately the couple of days seemed to do the trick, and I'm happy with what I've done for this challenge.

This week is Vincent Van Gogh and there were so many beautiful paintings to choose from, there was only one for me though, as it's a painting I was lucky enough to see in person at a museum in Amsterdam, and this painting is Almond Blossoms. 






So here is my mani, and I am soooo glad that my nail fail week has officially come to an end!


I used a whole bunch of polishes in this mani that I'm not even going to get into, the base is a Constance Caroll polish that my mum gave me that I think they stopped making in the 90's (and you can tell from the toxic smell that polishes just don't have anymore!) so aint nobody gonna go looking for this one anywhere, and the other colours I used are a hugh mixture of all kinds of colours mixed together on a pallette. Everything was done with nail art brushes.

I managed to do a couple of other mani's that didn't completely suck too, so if you decide to re-visit my blog this week, I promise only pretties and no more nail fails!








3 comments:

  1. I recognised it immediately, I want it back now! ;-) (...and it was early 2000's so there!) The nails are gorgeous and so were the ones you considered 'fails!' x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh mummy, you should know the childhood rule ''once you give you can't get back'' aka ''no backsies''!! Tell you what though, send me a care pack of all the UK polishes I'm missing and I'll let you have it!! XD

      Delete
  2. This looks absolutely gorgeous!! I love nail art but can only ever seem to be able to do one hand properly. M xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...