Friday 16 August 2013

Gradients with Flowers

Im having a nail fail week this week, I keep doing stuff that feels awesome as I do it, and then I take the pics and I am totally unimpressed. And it keeps happening, despite my best efforts I still think that what I'm coming up with looks like total KAK. Gah.

So welcome to kak week on my blog, where over the next few days I will be posting the mani's that have totally unimpressed me, lol. I post my kak mani's in the hope that someone, somewhere, will have the capacity to see anything pretty in them, a capacity that fails me completely at the moment.

So here is my first kak mani, which was so much prettier in my head, it's a gradient with an accent nail. 


Firstly, I thought these colours in a gradient would look so much better than they actually do (should I have done the orange and pink the other way around?!). Secondly, I actually tried to do a nail stamp for my accent nail, but of course, what with it being nail fail week the nail stamping was completely uncooperative, and after 30 attempts to get a clear image for one bloody nail, I threw the towel in and my stamper across the room, and resorted to improv and free handed the flowers, which I think look really... kak. The white dots surrounding said kak flowers was a mistake too.

I was excited by the prospect of this mani, as I planned it my head I convinced myself it would be gorgeous, and instead I just feel less than meh.

If anyone is crazy enough to want to replicate this or something similar, the polishes I used were:
Sinful Colours 'Unicorn', Nfu-oh '354', and Duri ''Summer Peach' for the gradient, and the pink flowers were Sinful Colours 'Creme Pink'.

Come back tomorrow to see another kak mani that should have been awesome, come oooooon, you know you want to! hahahahaha


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...